Our Nexus vision is to be the UK’s leading provider of technology enabled business mobility, and our mission is to provide great client service in business mobility enabled by leading edge technology. We live by our Nexus values which define who we are and what we aspire to be.
At Nexus, we are continually working to expand our expertise, through the development of our existing workforce and the recruitment of our kind of people.
Nexus people are:
- Fast-learning, talented professionals, who analyse and adapt to their environment
- Versatile, proactive and dedicated to delivering service excellence
- Approachable and helpful to our customers and suppliers
- Forward-thinking problem solvers who are motivated to achieve success and deliver outstanding results
We have a vast estate of digital products, data and processes and our Product Owners are at the forefront of building and improving these. As a Senior Product Owner, you’ll work in a dynamic, fast paced environment and adapt quickly to changes. You will help define product strategy, ideate and create solutions that deliver for our customers, colleagues and stakeholders, alongside delivering the operational and financial targets of the business.
- Gain a deep understanding of our customers, helping to build a product strategy to deliver the best experiences within your area of ownership.
- Work in and help lead multi-disciplinary teams from across the business to validate, grow and scale ideas that our customers, colleagues and stakeholders love.
- Validate the feasibility and deliver solutions that our users want and delivers against our business objectives
- Defining problem statements, creating and validating ideas, shipping releases, all with purpose and reason.
- Owning problems and outcomes, using data to track metrics that are important, and showing that you are improving them based on a clear set of objectives.
- Supporting delivery functions and helping manage backlogs to build customer centric technology products.
To achieve this, you will
- Work hand in hand with internal departments to understand the needs of the business.
- Work closely with counterparts in UX, DevOps and software engineering to define solutions.
- Help facilitate problem solving, you are not the person with all the ideas, ideas can come from anywhere, you need a framework to help create best solutions.
- Keep everyone who needs to know in the know, whether that’s defining objectives, prioritising and agreeing roadmaps or keeping people informed of releases and recent successes (or failures).
- You will have a strong track record of shipping great products that users love.
- Experienced in working closely with UX design and software engineering.
- Are comfortable of being accountable against agreed objectives and outcomes.
- Have a framework to create ideas and validate solutions to deliver against clear objectives.
- Experience in utilising data and be comfortable using it to highlight performance.
- An effective communicator at all levels and areas of the business with strong stakeholder management skills.
- An advocate for change and support product-led culture across the organisation.
Qualifications & Experience
- Certified Product Owner / Agile qualification
- Prior experience as a Product Owner, ideally within a B2B digital environment
- Experience of delivering business goals through amazing product experiences, journeys and optimisation.
- Proven commercial acumen and excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills, with strong leadership skills and a talent for building positive relationships across the business.
- Strong knowledge of Jira and setting up on-site and virtual collaboration tools.
- Experience of accelerating an agile transformation from legacy processes.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Product Owner.
- Previous experience within IT such as ScrumMaster, Developer, Business Analyst, Project Manager an advantage.