FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO SUPPLY PERSONAL DATA TO NEXUS VIA THE NEXUS WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE
This policy sets out how we process and protect personal data that we receive regarding potential customers, customers and others who contact us via our website or otherwise.
Our company details are as follows: Nexus Vehicle Management Limited (‘Nexus’), our registered office is at Nexus House, Richardshaw Lane, Stanningley, Pudsey, West Yorkshire, LS28 6AA, United Kingdom. Our website is www.nexusrental.co.uk.
Personal information provided by you
We collect personal information about you such as your name, address, phone number, email address and IP address when you make an enquiry or contact us via email or use our website or order services from us either directly or via a third party.
We do not hold any sensitive or special category data when providing services to our customers.
Personal information provided by third parties
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that either;
(1) the other person has a contractual relationship with you and knows that you will be transferring their personal data to us for specific purposes; and/or
(2) s/he has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices
- give consent to the processing of his/her personal data
We will share your personal data for example with sub-contractors to supply services you have ordered from us. We may also disclose your personal data to:
- other companies within our group; and
- our suppliers, agents and associates;
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
How will we use the information about you? We use your personal data so that we can:
- supply you with the services you have requested
- identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us;
- let you know about our products or services that may be of interest to you (see ‘Marketing’ section below);
- detect and prevent fraud;
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences (if any feedback is received);
- notify you of any changes to our website or our rental management platform (IRIS) or to our services that may affect you;
- notify you of any changes specific to your contract or any general updates regarding our business or changes in our processes or any legislation that may affect our services; and
- improve our services.
We will only send personal data outside the EEA where this is required as part of the services and we have in place appropriate legal safeguards with such supplier (who is outside the EEA) in accordance with the Legislation.
Marketing & Communications
We may send you information regarding updates that are specific to your contract with us and general updates including information about Nexus and any useful updates affecting our industry. If you are not a customer and never have been we will only contact you regarding any products and services that we offer if we have a lawful basis to do so.
Generally we process personal data because we have a contractual obligation to do so. Where this is not the case it will usually be because we either have your consent or we have a legitimate interest to do so.
Legitimate Interest: broadly speaking this means that we can process your personal information if we have a genuine and legitimate business reason to do so and we are not harming any of your rights and interests in so doing. Whenever we process data on this basis we will ensure that we always keep your personal data rights in high regard and take account of these rights and regularly review this assessment.
For example, we may monitor how many times you visit the website, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of a user’s internet service provider, to improve the user’s experience whilst visiting the website, and better understand how you use it. This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Retention Periods: We store personal data on secure servers for differing periods depending on the type of personal data and in particular as follows:
- Customer contact data – 6 years from the date on which you cease to be a customer of ours
- Supplier contact data for 6 years from the end of our commercial relationship
- Until you ask us to destroy it
in each case unless the law requires us to store the data for a longer period.
We carry out regular audits of any personal data we hold to ensure as far as possible that we do not hold any personal data that is no longer required.
(The retention periods for personal data supplied by a customer on behalf of its rental users in relation to the provision of services is set out in our Compliance Statement).
Your rights in relation to how we process your personal data:
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals whose personal data is processed:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to processing
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
How to contact us
Right to lodge a complaint with the Supervising Authority
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we use your personal data we hope you will alert us to these directly (see the Contact information above). In any event you are entitled to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) which is the supervisory authority in the UK. Their contact details and the procedure can be found at www.ico.gov.uk
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user’s experience more efficient.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website.
Please state your consent ID and date when you contact us regarding your consent.